Corn is a popular food. But it is also well known for controversy. But the truth lies in the detail and corn as a vegetable proved to be good for centuries. Just make sure that you are aware of highly processed corn products.
1. Corn is a phytonutrient-rich food that provides antioxidant benefits.
2. Helps to maintain good vision and skin.
3. Organically grown sweet corn is high in insoluble fiber, vitamin c, minerals, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and copper.
4. Field corns are used as feed for livestock.
5. The six major types of corns are dent corn, flint corn, pod corn, popcorn, flour corn, and sweet corn.
6. Corn was first domesticated / cultivated in mexico.
7. US is the largest producer and exporter of corns.
8. High fructose corn syrup (hfcs) is highly processed and extracted from corn.
9. Hfcs is used as a cheap sweetener in many food and syrups, which will have negative impact on your blood sugar levels.