Chickpeas, also sometimes called garbanzo beans, are one of the oldest consumed crops in the world and remains one of the most popular today across the globe. Today in “Dieting Right’ we will see 7 Amazing facts about Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans).
1. Chickpeas are nutrient-dense food, providing rich content of protein, dietary fibre, folate, and dietary minerals such as iron and phosphorus. Also thiamin, vitamin b6, magnesium, and zinc.
2. Proteins in germinated chickpeas are rich in essential amino acids. Consume more sprouted chickpeas.
3. Protein from chickpeas is easier to digest than beans, peas, lentils and many other legumes and cereals.
4. Helps in blood fat regulation, including lower levels of ldl-cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides.
5. In general, the light colored, relatively round shaped chickpea is called “Kabuli-type” the irregular tan/black is called “Desi -type” desi-type have greater concentrations of antioxidants. So make space for both in your kitchen!
6. Cultivated in the mediterranean and the middle east, chickpeas have culinary influence all over the world.
7. Gives greater food satisfaction and experiences of reduced appetite. Include in diet to cut down on frequent unhealthy munching.