Cumin seeds are pungent, potent little things with the ability to significantly change the trajectory of a dish. Cumin is extensively used in culinary practices of the Indian Subcontinent and other Asian, African and Latin American countries as a condiment / spice. Here are 8 Amazing facts about Cumin.
1. Cumin is rich in iron and has considerable amount of vitamin-c, which are essential for a healthy immune system and keeps infections from forming or becoming worse.
2. Cumin has remarkable amount of calcium. It is well suited for lactating mothers.
3. Due to its essential oils, magnesium and sodium content, cumin promotes digestion and also gives relief for stomach-aches when taken with hot water.
4. Cumin also relieves from gas troubles, thereby improves appetite.
The aroma of cumin facilitates primary digestion of food.
5. Cumin can fight anemia and its syumptoms like fatigue, anxiety, cognitive malfunction, and digestive issues
6. The essential oils present in cumin have disinfectant and antifungal properties. This prevents any microbial and fungal infection from affecting the skin.
7. Cumins vitamin e acts as antioxidant and combats free radicals, reducing signs of wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin.
8. Components such as cuminaldehyde, thymol, and phosphorus are good detoxifying agents which help in removal of toxins from the body.