Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family. Few foods are as cool as a cucumber. These low-calorie veggies contain many nutritional benefits, including hydrating properties and valuable nutrients. Regular intake of cucumber (raw, cooked or fresh juice) is very useful both internally and externally. Here are 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cucumber.
1. Cucumber an edible fruit can be eaten raw or cooked. Yes its a fruit! Packed with necessary nutrients.
2. Helps in keeping us hydrated. Contains 96% water! Helps you cool and refresh your body & brain. So chomp on some cucumbers instead of drinking plain water.
3. Effectively masks the problem areas in skin and helps in soothing and softening your skin.
4. Used as natural eye pads in reducing swelling and dark circles.
5. Contains potassium and manganese that is responsible for stabilizing the blood pressure by maintaining the electrolyte balance in the body.
6. The flavonoids present in the cucumber helps to reduce inflammation. Also provides relief from constipation as it is rich in fiber.
7. Beta carotene, alpha carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin and vitamin c in cucumbers gives anti-ageing benefits.
8. Regular intake of cucumber (raw, cooked or fresh juice) is very useful both internally and externally.