Okra or ladies’ finger is a flowering plant in the mallow family. It is valued for its edible green seed pods. This high fiber vegetable is known for its high soluble and insoluble fiber content. This vegetable is usually used in many recipes and is also a part of many nutritional diets, as it is beneficial to the heart. Here are 9 Amazing facts about Ladies Finger.
1. Okra or ladies finger is a nutritional powerhouse filled with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
2. Provides an array of health benefits from treating diabetes to preventing kidney disease.
3. The rich content of vitamin c in okra can alleviate asthma symptoms.
4. Okra promotes good digestive health due to its high soluble fiber content.
5. Okra contains no cholesterol and very little fat necessary for a healthy heart.
6. Okra’s soluble fiber keep blood glucose levels stable.
7. Okra’s rich vitamin c content and antioxidant components also double as immune boosters against free radicals
8. High levels of vitamin a, b, c and traces of zinc and calcium, make it an ideal vegetable to eat during pregnancy.
9. Available all over the year, making it one of the most beneficial vegetable easily affordable.
Like us: facebook.com/VentunoYoga
Follow us: instagram.com/ventunoyoga
Follow us: twitter.com/VentunoYoga