The banana is an edible fruit. The curved yellow fruit packs a big nutritional punch, wrapped in its own convenient packaging. Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They are among the most popular fruits on earth. Here are 8 Amazing facts about Bananas.
1. Like spinach and egg, bananas are commonly available all over the globe, throughout the year. Similarly it is the most beneficial fruit that’s easy to afford for majority of population. An instant energy booster, banana is also used raw in cooking. Its a very good snack that keeps your hunger pangs down.
2. Nutritional breakdown per 100 grams, it contains 0.3 gm total fat, zero cholesterol, 1 mg salt, about 360 mg potassium, 2.6 gm dietary fiber, 12 gm sugar and 1.1 gm protein.
3. Banana is loaded with fiber, which slows down digestion and keep you feeling full for long time. So its defenitely good for your stomach and intestines.
4. Consumption of fiber-rich bananas can lower risk of both cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease. So its defenitely good for your heart.
5. Banana has sweet and sour taste. The sweet gives a sense of heaviness & sour stimulate the digestive juices. Together it helps building up your metabolism.
6. Banana is a nutrition powerhouse. It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. Thus it contribute to the proper functioning of your body, keeping you healthy & active.
7. The high content of potassium along with low salt in bananas helps in regulating heartbeat, blood pressure, and keeping the brain in alert.
8. Bananas are rich in iron. It helps in increasing the number of red blood cells or haemoglobin thus alleviating fatigue, shortness of breath, and paleness.