Potatoes are a very popular food source. Whether mashed, baked or roasted, people often consider potatoes as comfort food. It is an important food staple and the number one vegetable crop in the world. Here are 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Potatoes.
1. Potatoes contain significant amounts of dietary fiber, which help lower blood cholesterol.
2. Potatoes are high in carbohydrates and very low in protein. so, its an ideal for those who want to put on weight.
3. Minerals like phosphorous, iron, magnesium, calcium and zinc in potatoes help maintain bone strength and structure.
4. Potatoes also contain considerable amount of fiber, helps in increased secretion of gastric juices, thus eases digestion and prevents serious conditions like colorectal cancer.
5. Fiber is also connected with scraping cholesterol out of the arteries and blood vessels, thereby increasing heart health.
6. It has a lot of vitamin-C, potassium and vitamin-B6. very effective in reducing inflammation, both internal and external.
7. Cooking potatoes with skin proves highly beneficial for stomach, heart and skin since most of the nutrients are densely situated there