Maharishi Patanjali is considered to be the compiler of the Yoga Sutras, along with being the author of a commentary on Panini’s Ashtadhyayi, known as Mahabhasya. He is also supposed to be the writer of a work on the ancient Indian medicine system, Ayurveda. Here are 7 Amazing Quotes by Maharishi Patanjali.
1. There is always a light within us that is free from all sorrow and grief, no matter how much we may be experiencing suffering.
2. If you can control the rising of the mind into ripples, you will experience Yoga.
3. It is not enough to have intuitions; we must act on them; we must live them.
4. Peace can be reached through meditation on the knowledge which dreams give. Peace can also be reached through concentration upon that which is dearest to the heart.
5. When there is firm conquest over covetousness, they who have conquered it wake up to the how and why of life.
6. The heart and mind can find peace and harmony by contemplating the transcendental nature of the true self as supreme effulgent life.
7. It is only when the correct practice is followed for a long time, without interruptions and with a quality of positive attitude and eagerness, that it can succeed.