Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people. He frequently states that his life is guided by three major commitments: the promotion of basic human values or secular ethics in the interest of human happiness, the fostering of inter-religious harmony and the preservation of Tibet’s Buddhist culture, a culture of peace and non-violence. Here are 8 Inspirational Quotes by Dalai Lama.
1. Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.
2. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
3. The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.
4. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
5. The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.
6. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
7. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
8. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.