Figs grow on the ficus carica tree which belongs to the mulberry family. Dried figs are better concentrated sources of minerals and vitamins. The majority of figs are dried, either by exposure to sunlight or through an artificial process, creating a sweet and nutritious dried fruit that can be enjoyed throughout the year. Here are 8 amazing health benefits of Figs.
1. Figs are a great source of dietary fibre and make you feel satiated. So, it’s a great option for those who want to lose weight.
2. The content of Potassium, Omega 3 and Omega 6 on fig fruit helps to maintain blood pressure and coronary heart attacks.
3. The soluble fiber found in figs called Pectin helps in reducing blood cholesterol.
4. The natural sugars in figs make them an ideal snack for diabetics.
5. Figs help build stronger bones. They contain the essential bone building trio of magnesium, calcium, and vitamin K2.
6. Figs are very high in iron, the mineral that helps create red blood cells and prevent anemia.
7. Coumarin content of the figs, may also reduce the risk of Prostate Cancer.
8. Content of Tryptophan in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia.