The almond is the edible seed that grows on the tree Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree. Almonds nutrition benefits are praised around the world, and they are used in numerous different ways: eaten raw as a healthy snack. Here are 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Almonds.
1. Consuming almonds increases vitamin E levels in the plasma and red blood cells and also lowers cholesterol levels.
2. Almonds have a type of healthy fats, fiber, protein thus helps in the weight loss.
3. Because of the availability of riboflavin and L-carnitine in the almonds, it boosts the brain functioning.
4. Almonds help in building the bones and teeth very strong because of its phosphorus contents.
5. Almonds reduce the risk of poor immune functioning, osteoporosis, weight gain and fatigue by alkalizing the body.
6. Almonds maintain the gastrointestinal health because of its high fiber content and prebiotic properties.
7. Its anti-oxidants property helps in removing the toxic oxygen free radicals from the skin.
8. Almonds are the rich source of phytochemicals which keeps the cancer, cardiac problems and various other chronic diseases away.