Cashew is one of the popular ingredients in sweet as well savory dishes worldwide. They grow on cashew nut trees, which are native to subtropical climates. Delicately sweet yet crunchy and delicious cashew nut is packed with energy, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Here are 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts.
1. Cashew nut has a cholesterol lowering effect and lowers LDL while also increasing the capacity of carrying HDL. It thus reduces the risk of heart disease.
2. Cashew nuts naturally have negligible amount of sodium and fair amount of potassium that contributes to regulate blood pressure.
3. Along with anacardic acids, cashews also offer antioxidants like selenium and vitamin E which prevent free radical oxidation that can cause cancer.
4. Cashew nuts have dietary fibre which helps digest the food better and reduces digestive diseases.
5. Since it is loaded with Omega 3, Cashew Nuts give a boost to the metabolic process and helps burn excess fat in the body.
6. Has lots of minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus required for the healthy growth and development of the bones.
7. One of the minerals called Magnesium play a very important role in maintaining the healthy nerves.