Sri Aurobindo was an Indian nationalist, philosopher, yogi, guru and poet. Aurobindo developed a method of spiritual practice he called Integral Yoga. The central theme of his vision was the evolution of human life into a life divine. Here are 8 Inspiring quotes by Sri Aurobindo.
1. When mind is still, then truth gets her chance to be heard in the purity of the silence.
2. All thoughts, desires, conventions, attachments which come from outside must be ruthlessly pushed away.
3. True knowledge is not attained by thinking. It is what you are; it is what you become.
4. The supreme state of human love is…the unity of one soul in two bodies.
5. The practice of Yoga brings us face to face with the extraordinary complexity of our own being.
6. Peace is the first condition, without which nothing else can be stable.
7. The inside must be made entirely calm and quiet and there should reign an upward aspiration – a state of awaiting.
8. The Gita is the greatest gospel of spiritual works ever yet given to the race.