The simplest foods are best for your health, and this is certainly the case for nuts. Among nuts, the case may be made that walnuts are king. Eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may be all it takes to take advantage of their beneficial properties. Walnuts are a true nutritional powerhouse and one of nature’s healthiest foods. Here are 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Walnuts.
1. Walnuts are also richer than most other nuts in polyunsaturated fats.
2. Contains high percentage of healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Highly beneficial for heart health.
3. It lowers the “bad” cholesterol, reduce inflammation, improves functionality of blood vessels & reducing arterial clogs/blocks.
4. The copper in walnut helps promotes heart health. Help maintain bone health, nerve functions and improves body immunity.
5. Its has vitamin B9, which reduce risks of birth defects. Good for both mother and the child.
6. Walnuts are exceptionally rich in antioxidants, associated with various health benefits.
7. Walnuts have been proved to improved brain function.
8. Regular consumption of walnuts can reduce the risk of cancer in colon, prostate, breast and kidneys.