Maharishi Patanjali is considered to be the compiler of the Yoga Sutras, along with being the author of a commentary on Panini’s Ashtadhyayi, known as Mahabhasya. He is also supposed to be the writer of a work on the ancient Indian medicine system, Ayurveda. Here are 7 Amazing Quotes by Maharishi Patanjali.
1. There is always a light within us that is free from all sorrow and grief, no matter how much we may be experiencing suffering.
2. If you can control the rising of the mind into ripples, you will experience Yoga.
3. It is not enough to have intuitions; we must act on them; we must live them.
4. Peace can be reached through meditation on the knowledge which dreams give. Peace can also be reached through concentration upon that which is dearest to the heart.
5. When there is firm conquest over covetousness, they who have conquered it wake up to the how and why of life.
6. The heart and mind can find peace and harmony by contemplating the transcendental nature of the true self as supreme effulgent life.
7. It is only when the correct practice is followed for a long time, without interruptions and with a quality of positive attitude and eagerness, that it can succeed.
Gautama Buddha also known as Siddhartha Gautama. Siddhartha Gautama realize that meditation is only path to awakening. Gautama decide to live his life as a Yogi. Gautama starts seated under a Pipal tree which is known as Bodhi Tree. Gautama meditation regular 49 days, to have attained Enlightenment. From that time Gautama was known as Lord Buddha. Here are top 8 best Quotes by Gautama Buddha.
“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
“In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?”
“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.”
“Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”